Commitment to Purchase, Deposit and Final payment
Commitment to Purchase, Deposit and Final payment
Terms: A Non-refundable deposit – a deposit used to describe money that you pay that you cannot get back for any reason what so ever.
This term Non-refundable deposit to us is the same thing in our book as a Non-refundable puppy hold and Non-refundable holding fee.
Term: Non-refundable Holding Fee is a non-refundable deposit on a puppy that does not exist.
All types of the deposit will not be refunded if you change your mind for ANY reason!
Half down is the minimum requirement for any puppy/dog to hold or hold a puppy in the future for you.
When you place a non-refundable deposit/non-refundable puppy hold down or payment in full you also agree to all terms about Policies, Deposits, Shipping and also agree to all terms of the Purchase Agreement. You agree that you have carefully read all the information about our puppies as we want you to understand all the information about purchasing a puppy and all the information about the puppies here at our home.
If you don’t understand how a policy works please Email: Cakebreadcockers@gmail.com
*PLEASE NOTE: Once your deposit no matter what form of payment is received, you enter into a legal/binding deposit contract per this page no matter if signed or not with Aimee Cakebread for the purchase of your Cakebread Cocker puppy. All policies and stipulations on this website apply to the deposit contract. Failure of the purchaser to purchase their puppy or failure to accept the provision to accept a future puppy is forfeiture and stipulates the deposit as nonrefundable, in order to compensate the cost and lost of liquidated damages (LDC.) Thus, in the event of cancellation by the Purchaser, the deposit shall be forfeited by Purchaser and paid to the Breeder as liquidated damages and not as a penalty.
Purchaser and Breeder both agree that such amount is reasonable.
By sending a non-refundable deposit/non-refundable puppy hold you agree to all terms of the deposits on this page.
Your deposit if you change your mind
- Cancellation of the puppy for changing your mind “not the fault of the Breeder” concerning the sale of the puppy, will be of forfeiture. No refunds will be granted. “Not the fault of the Breeder” situations are the like situations as follows, but not limited to: You have changed your mind on the puppy and no longer want it, the puppy has been examined by a board-certified Veterinarian and accessed as healthy, yet you no longer desire it, etc., and situations arising that are not the responsibility of the Breeder. Please keep in mind what the Breeder does for you to prepare your puppy. The Breeder takes care of your puppy every day until it is ready at 8 weeks. The deposit is used for medical expenses including prenatal care, neutering/spaying, vaccines, de-worming, etc. costs of nutritional supplements and excellent quality food both, wet and dry forms. Your deposit holds your puppy exclusively for you. So please understand, if you change your mind or you are unable to fulfill your commitment of obligation to purchase the puppy, that there have been many other people who have inquired about your puppy, to which the Breeder could have sold the puppy to. The Breeder will suffer losses that are difficult to ascertain, if you cancel your puppy purchase or because you could not fulfill your deposit agreement and will be a breach of the deposit contract. Therefore, all deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE and are simply a business principle to protect the Breeder from the cost and loss of liquidated damages (LDC).
Purchasing more than one puppy at the same time
- If you are purchasing more than one puppy a deposit to hold both puppies is required. If you for any reason decided that you do not want both puppies the 1/2 down a non-refundable deposit on the other puppy that you decided not to get will be forfeited to the breeder and will not be placed on any other puppy including the puppy that you decided to keep. That is why we call it a non-refundable deposit. It will not be transferred to pay the other puppy off.
If you don’t “Get your puppy”
- There are multiple ways to get your puppy, you must let the breeder know at the time of deposit of which way you would like to get your puppy.
We must agree on times, dates for meeting/delivery at least 2 weeks prior to the puppy leaving at 8 weeks of age.
If for ANY reason the buyer does not complete the purchase by making these agreed upon arrangements all money placed on the puppy will not be refunded or transferred to a different litter or any puppy in that litter and any funds paid on the puppy is then forfeited to the breeder.
The funds paid on the puppy/dog even if the puppy is paid in full is then forfeited to the breeder.
Absolutely NO holding of puppies/dogs
- There is no holding of a puppy after 8 weeks of age unless there is a weather-related issue and we are unable meet.
We will only hold a puppy if agreed upon by both breeders and buyers.
If the puppy is for sale and older than 8 weeks of age, you will have up to 2 weeks to get your puppy or all funds will be forfeited to the Breeder.
- If you are purchasing a puppy 6 months or adult cocker you have up to 2 weeks get your cocker or all funds will be forfeited to the Breeder. We are not in the business of holding puppies or adult cockers we are not a boarding facility.
- If we hold them for an agreeable time frame it will be agreed upon and will be placed in a contract.
Deposits with no puppies born
- If you got put on a waiting list prior to the puppies being born and no puppies resulted in this breeding and put a non-refundable deposit /non-refundable puppy hold down aka non-refundable holding fee your deposit is subject to this rule.
1. You can pick out a puppy out of another litter that has not been spoken for by someone else which is the same color and sex.
2. You can wait for another litter of equal quality, still needs to be same-sex and color.
- The Breeder has the right to choose from which litter the replacement puppy will come from- depending on what we have available, some times that may take many months until we have a replacement puppy.
- NO REFUNDS, only replacement puppy. If you do not pick a replacement puppy within 1 year your deposit will be forfeited to the Breeder.
- You will be responsible for checking this website to find out which puppies are available by going to the Available Puppies page as I post available puppies there.
I will not contact you to let you know what is available as they are listed on that page.
Deposits on a waiting list- color or pattern was not produced
- If you got put on a waiting list prior to the puppies being born and the color or pattern was not produced and you put a non-refundable deposit /non-refundable puppy hold down aka non-refundable holding fee your deposit is subject to this rule.
1. You can pick out a puppy out of that litter that is not already spoken for by someone else but it must match the same sex that you originally picked. “Example” if you were wanting a male tricolor but there is a male black/white that was available and not spoken for if you wish that puppy could be yours. But if you were wanting a male tricolor but there is a female red/white that is available you will not be able to get that puppy unless you pay the difference.
2. If there is not any puppies available or one in the litter that you are wanting you MUST wait for another litter of equal quality which is at the discretion of the breeder but it still needs to be same-sex and color and this may take up to 6 months to a year depending on when our females produce.
- The breeder has the right to choose from which litter the replacement puppy will come from- depending on what we have available, some times that may take many months until we have a replacement puppy.
- NO REFUNDS, only replacement puppy. If you do not pick a replacement puppy within 1 year your deposit will be forfeited to the Breeder.
- You will be responsible for checking this website to find out which puppies are available by going to the Available Puppies page as I post available puppies there. I will not contact you to let you know what is available as they are listed on that page.
- If you have place a deposit on a puppy prior to being born the remaining balance is due at birth, picking your puppy will be done immediately from available puppies.
- If you have placed a deposit on a puppy and have not paid the puppy in full, payment in full is due by 4 weeks of age.
- If the puppy is older than 4 weeks of age, a non refundable deposit is required to hold and agreed final payment prior to 7 weeks of age.If you do not send final payment by accepted payments listed below by the time frame mentioned above your
non refundable deposit will be forfeited to the breeder as default.
- Additional fees such as delivery to airport or meeting will be done a week prior to the puppy leaving.
- With the final payment please send me an email to Cakebreadcockers@gmail.com included name, address, phone number and agreed way of getting your puppy
For meeting at the airport include what airline, flight#, date and time and airport location, name of person picking up.
For delivery included who is meet us, vehicle color and description, agreed meeting location, time and date.
For Ground transportation include the name of company, contact person, number of transporter, date and time of pick up that is agreed upon.
- Our puppies that come with a Health Certificate see the Vet the week prior to leaving and all this information is needed for not only that paperwork but AKC papers if given.
- Please visit Getting Your Puppy page on our website for a complete list of how to get your puppy!
- In the event that I (Cakebread Cockers) decided to give you a refund, it will be paid back at the rate of $100.00 per month until the agreed amount is paid back. We are just like any other and we have overhead.
By sending a non-refundable deposit/puppy hold you also agree to this term and condition.
No fees assessed to you by sending payment of any form will come off the purchase price of our puppies.
Please ask what payment types we accept and make sure they are acceptable before sending payment.
Please speak to us about sending a deposit prior to just sending one.
We have a couple of options to send deposits or payments in full.
When sending any money please ask for the password.
Full registration price must be paid up front and addition to the 1/2 down non refundable.
- Wells Fargo (Secure, Fast Way!)
If you have Wells Fargo account you can go to any Wells Fargo and ask to purchase a Cashiers Check from Wells Fargo.
The cost is usually $10.00
You would have to pull cash from your account or bring cash and purchase a Wells Fargo cashiers check.
You then are able to hand over the cashiers check to the cashier and have them apply it into my account with the account # that I supply you. You will get proof of cashiers check from the teller.
- Cashiers Check from your bank.
You can also purchase a cashier’s check from your bank at your cost. You then will have to find the nearest Wells Fargo and ask them to apply it to my account with the account # that I supply you.
You will also get proof of the cashiers check from the teller at your bank and I am pretty sure from the teller at Wells Fargo.
With a cashiers check there is no limit on how little or how much money you are able to put in there.
I supply you the account #3475883710 to our account. Name on the account Aimee Cakebread
Great part it’s done in minutes! You get a receipt for your records from Wells Fargo.
It takes about a half-day to actually go from pending status but we can actually see it in minutes from you placing it in there. If you put it on the weekend usually we will see it the next business day which would be Monday.
I give you a confirmation email, text or call back letting you know it is in there.
Usually followed within 48 hours of it being in there, I provide an invoice stating how much you paid, how much is due and so on.
Wells Fargo using Zelle
If you have a Wells Fargo bank account, you can send money via online banking from one account to another.
You will need the above account information, but you can only send up to $2500 per day so you might depend on the puppy, send the purchase price one day and the shipping price the next day.
Sometimes the bank does put on daily spending limits, I have seen where some can only send $500 per day.
This means you would have to send me money until paid, which takes a bit but usually neither party minds.
I have had a person send $500 out of a checking account and then $500 out of the savings account and the next day again the same way.
My personal email account is linked to Aimeecakebread@gmail.com
From what I gather you can send money through downloading their app and sending money and many people have it through their online banking. Many banks offer Zelle.
You may need the email address that I have on file with my bank which is Aimeecakebread@gmail.com
If there is a subject line or what’s it for? Please ask me for the Password
What information will I need?
You may need the email address that I have on file with my bank which is
Aimeecakebread@gmail.com and my cell phone
Is there a limit to how much money I can send?
If your bank or credit union offers Zelle, please contact them directly to
learn more about their sending limits through Zelle.
Sometimes there are daily spending limits to send money so you may have to make multiple transactions, depending on how much is needed to send you may have to do one transaction each day until paid.
Here is a link to better show you how Zelle works – just click the word Zelle
Venmo is very easy to use and there is no 4% fee like Paypal but it is owned by the same company as Paypal.
However, Venmo started charging a $10.00 fee to transfer money from my Venmo account to my checking account which needs to be done in order for me to access it so please include an additional $10.00 on top of the money you send to offset that charge.
- If you don’t already have Venmo, you will need to go to the app store on your smartphone and set up an account.
It took me less than 5 minutes to do. You link your banking account information to it, checking and debit card.
Minutes later you are able to send payment for your puppy into my Venmo account.
I can send you a QR code that you can use with your cell phone to scan to find me through Venmo, it’s not a must but it is an option.
Both parties let the other party know payment was sent and received.
I then transfer it from Venmo into my personal account which can take up to 3 days.
Venmo does have a spending limit this is a MUST KNOW!
You’re limited to $299.99 per week unless you verify your identity by linking your Facebook account or adding your ZIP code, last four digits of your SSN, and birthdate, which ups your limit to $2,999.99
In some cases, you may have to wait a week to send more money. In this case, the person was purchasing two puppies which were over the limit so this person sent money a week later.
You will need my information to send money to my Venmo account.
If there is a subject line (Notes) or what’s it for? Please ask me for the Password
What not to do with Venmo:
Due to AR’s selling animals no matter if dog, cats, horse or livestock just is a taboo thing.
You MUST not use any description words such as dog, puppy or sex.
You can put TRIM- Tri Male, TRIF- Tri Female you get the drift.
Also, before you press PAY- Do not click Purchase Protection!!
I will send it back!!!! They charge me what they call a small fee, but it’s by the % of purchase price/what is being sent and it could be pretty heafty at times. If I get charged a fee to accept your funds, I am sending it back.
You must NOT list it as Goods or Services and must only have it between friends.
- We do NOT take the following:
Bank Money Orders, any other type of Money Orders
Cashier Checks unless it is taken to a Wells Fargo and placed into the Wells Fargo account see #1
No Personal Checks (They bounce)
Business Checks (They bounce)
No Paypal or any other third party cash type apps
No Postal Money Orders
What if something happens to my puppy prior to leaving?
- If you put a non-refundable deposit down or payment in full and something happens to the puppy prior to leaving the money will not be refunded.
For an example, the puppy displays a cherry eye and needs to be fixed or show signs of any other health issue, some times newborn puppies do pass away due to many reasons including mom’s laying on them or they just don’t make it, this does happen often just examples and covering what if’s. There is no refund of the purchase price!
This is a replacement guarantee only.
- The breeder reserves the right to a possible waiting time of 1 year or more to make the replacement, as puppies are not always available. The replacement puppy will be of the same quality, sex and color originally purchased unless agreed otherwise. The replacement puppy will be selected by the breeder from the next available litters.
Our Right to Refuse
- We have the right to refuse a sale to any puppies/dogs or provide services to any person at any time for any reason even if you have placed a deposit on a puppy/dog or payment in full.
- Some of the reasons for this are to include but not limited to.
Puppy didn’t clear health certificate, do not think the puppy is ready to go, health issues, attachment issues, decided we want to keep.
- Including if we start talking to you more and we are not feeling comfortable with the sale, feel like there are red flags, or have an uneasy feeling.
Including finding information that was not disclosed prior to the sale or during the sale process, like you say you have two dogs and you have 10, etc..
- If for some reason you become unrealistic with timelines, schedules and will not work with us for any reason.
- If you became vocal, rude, rude comments, or your tone of voice/actions which makes me feel that we can’t do business together.
- For any reason, we decided to not sell you a puppy or dog your deposit or payment in full will be returned to you.
- If you put down a non-refundable deposit on a puppy already born or payment in full your money will be returned to you once the puppy has been resold. This may take weeks or months, but as soon as it is done it will be returned.
If you purchased an adult, the money will be returned to you within 12 weeks from our written notice to you that we will be returning your money.
- We reserve the right to sell or refuse to sell our puppies, adult dogs, products and provide services to any person for any reason at any time, even if you put a deposit down or payment in full, with no questions asked.
(NOTE: We have only done this once.)
- Our Commitment to purchase, deposits and final payment page can change at any time without any notice.
Our policies and procedures do change, check back often.