- We have tails docked and dewclaws removed by 3 to 5 days of age.
- Shots – they receive 2 shots of Neopar to prevent Parvo as we find many people after they get their puppy don’t follow through with vaccinations.
- They receive one vaccination at 6 weeks of age of Vanguard 5/CV you will need to get the rest of the full series of vaccinations for your puppy through your local vet at your cost.
- Our puppies come Micro Chipped which will be registered in our name ONLY, you will be provided the Microchip # for your records which you can give to the vet.
- We included a Health Certificate so both parties know the puppy is healthy at the time of sale.
- We deworm all the puppies using Drontal Plus at 6 weeks and if they are here at 12 weeks
the puppy will get the 2nd dose.
- All of our dogs are AKC registered so our puppies are registerable through AKC if AKC papers were agreed upon. We have been AKC inspected and in full compliance multiple times.
- My dogs are a 24/7 all year round passion. It is not just something I do for fun, in my spare time or on the weekends. I have missed a lot of holidays, social events, kid events, school functions, family gatherings and more. My children have also given up a lot because of my passion for our dogs. A lot of puppy buyers think it might be really easy to have a litter of puppies. It is not, there is a lot of work that is involved once the puppies are here. It is not in my blood to leave a sick mother, or weak puppy at home and I go and have fun or go to an event where I am needed. I would be worried the whole time I was gone and my attention would not be on what I was doing as my head would be with my dogs. Wondering what is happening and when and how fast I can get back home to them. I miss my dogs when I am not with them. I spend endless hours with my dogs and puppies. Especially when a litter is born, I don’t leave the house, let alone be more than four steps away from them. I constantly check on them to make sure they are warm and bellies are full.
- Once they grow a bit and are at least three weeks old then the fun begins. The cleaning and cleaning again. Puppies go the bathroom more than some imagine, at about three weeks of age, mom is not wanting to clean their butts, and with that smell coming out of that end, wow, who would want to. We buy so much cleaning supplies like newspapers, paper towels, chemicals it is insane. The cleaning never stops! Once you are done cleaning, you feed, once you feed, you clean. That is pretty much how it goes. Don’t forget that smell. You really have to love what you do at this point because even the strong people don’t like the smell that comes from them. And you can’t forget about giving the puppies baths and drying them off and giving haircuts. Cleaning is very time-consuming. Then we take photos of the puppies. People constantly want an updated photo even if a week has gone by. I don’t think anyone realizes how much work it is to take one simple nice photo. You wash, dry, cut, and photo. Puppies do not sit still at all, the camera is never as fast as the puppy. You are lucky out of about 200 photos to get 5 good ones. If it is not photos I am taking videos of the puppies and uploading them on Youtube and putting them on our Facebook page. But no matter what we are doing with the puppies it really is the love of the animal and the breed. Once they are clean and fed and the smell is gone. It is about unconditional love. I love my puppies. You will find me having a puppy in bed all curled up and under the covers next to me and me kissing on it. Or you will find me or a family member sitting in the living room in the chair with a puppy on the chest and it giving puppy kisses. I am constantly sneaking puppies out of their area and playing with them when the rest of them are sleeping. I try to give them one on one attention. I really do love and care for my puppies and spend endless hours showing each and every puppy that I LOVE THEM!
- Our babies are raised indoors. We take all measures to keep them healthy and happy. Every pregnancy is supported by us to make sure everything goes right. This means sleepless nights next to the whelping box to make sure everything goes as planned. We are hands-on with the puppies from day one. If one is sick or weak at birth I am there trying my hardest to nurse the puppy back to health or where it is strong enough to be with the others. Hands-on at a young age is key. When the puppies are old enough to play the boys play with them in the kitchen, playing around the house and chasing after one’s feet. You will hear the pitter-patter of puppy paws and children’s feet running through the house. When weather permitting they go outside and play. They then chase the children all over the yard, lay on their back and dig in the dirt. It is a funny site sometimes watching the boys and the puppies interact with each other.
- If you place a non-refundable deposit/non-refundable puppy hold or a payment in full you also agree to all terms about deposits and also agree to all terms of our Purchase Agreement.
Our contract is quite specific, for both our protection, protection of the buyer and protection of the puppy/dog. This is in place so everything is specified in black and white as to the rights and responsibilities concerning any purchase of a pet puppy/dog from us.
Our health guarantee section is so long and so extensive because it is also designed to protect us from unscrupulous pet buyers and or veterinarians who may try to “trump-up” unnecessary medical cost concerning one of our puppies/dogs. We were shocked to find that there are actually people who do this– especially people with an “animal rights” agenda who want to destroy purebred dog breeding in any way possible. Our contract can be printed off the website or downloaded in PDF, which we can also send via email to prospective buyers. We require that the buyer sign the contract and send it back to us prior to the puppy leaving our property. If for some reason it is not signed does not mean you are not agreeing to the contract as putting a deposit on a puppy is the same as agreeing to the contract.If the puppy is under 8 weeks of age this needs to be signed prior to shipping.
If you are meeting to pick up your dog or puppy you will be signing this agreement at pick up.
If you have no way to send the contract back to us via email, post office.
You can actually take a photo of it and text it to me.
Puppies can go to their new home no earlier than 8 weeks of age. No, if’s and or butts.
- We require you to purchase NuVet for your puppies for at least the first 2 years of their lives if nothing else. Puppies are also given NuVet Plus Daily Canine Supplement NuVet with my dogs on NuVet I have noticed fewer visits to the Vet and highly recommend purchasing NuVet for a new puppy. We can’t stress enough how much a supplement can help. We give our children supplements such as Flintstones and so forth and also as older adults why not our pets. Health care for animals is very expensive and should not be compromised in any way.
- We supply AKC registration papers. The puppies are sold as pet/companion dogs. The puppies will be on AKC Limited Registration. AKC Full Registration is available only to qualified show homes/responsible breeders, so they have that choice at a later date.
- Full AKC Registration is offered upon approval. Please go to the Policies page and click on FAQ’s – scroll down to read about Limited and Full Registration.
- We use to register puppies at 6-8 weeks of age but because we have been on a showing adventure in the last yr or two we have changed our way of thinking. We have been keeping puppies back and range in age from 6 months to a yr to find out if we want to keep them for showing or for our breeding program. With that said we decided to move back the AKC registration to 6 months of age in order for us to find out which puppies we are keeping out of the litter. You will have to wait for your papers but they will come. We have no need for the papers as they are not going to help us in any way. We will get the papers out to you as soon as we register the litter. Also some times we discount a puppy so low we don’t give the AKC papers to that person as they agreed to not have them so that is cheaper to not get the puppy registered and not needed. Please do not call about puppy papers until your puppy is at least 6 months of age. I will not have registered them until at least 6 months of age. If we tell you we already have the papers and have registered the litter.
- We DO NOT ship the papers with the puppy/dog, do not expect the papers to be with them. Papers will never be shipped due to the chance of them being lost!
- In most cases we keep the original AKC papers here, we scan the papers for you and send them via email or Fb messenger the following week which you then are able to go to AKC’s website and register your puppy online.
Feeding our puppies
- We feed a good quality puppy food. As of August 2017, we started feeding Authority Grain Free High-Performance Dog Food- Turkey, Pea, Duck & Salmon which are all life stages.
Warranty and Guarantee
- We do not warrant or guarantee – Especially since we have no control over their new environment, food intake, exposure, veterinarian care, and socialization once the puppy leaves the Breeder’s home and Breeder’s possession. When shipping we do Health Certificates that are mandatory for shipping and Health Certificates upon request for meeting to pick up a puppy.
This provides the Breeder and Buyer a peace of mind that the puppy is Healthy at the time of Sale. We do try our best to produce healthy puppies as possible.
- Please google and understand all the health issues within our breed prior to purchasing any
Cocker Spaniel puppy as many cockers has serious health problems. Being blunt, if you can’t handle a Cocker having health issues please don’t purchase this breed as our breed is full of health issues.
Why is my puppy biting?
- As they turn 7 weeks of age they become naughty! All puppies like to chew and bite. When with their littermates and mom. They were taught how hard to chew and how hard not to chew. You need to step up and become the alpha/leader of your small pack and teach your puppy what is allowed and what is not allowed. If your puppy bites too hard you need to make a noise/word that means NO!
Do NOT use physical punishment for your puppy/dog. Treats on good behavior for not biting and good behavior is always a helpful tool.
Our Right to Refuse
- We have the right to refuse a sale to any puppies/dogs or provide services to any person at any time for any reason even if you have placed a deposit on a puppy/dog or payment in full.
- Some of the reasons for this are to include but not limited to.
Puppy didn’t clear health certificate, do not think the puppy is ready to go, health issues, attachment issues, decided we want to keep.
Including if we start talking to you more and we are not feeling comfortable with the sale, feel like there are red flags, or have an uneasy feeling.
Including finding information that was not disclosed prior to the sale or during the sale process, like you say you have two dogs and you have 10, etc..
If for some reason you become unrealistic with timelines, schedules for shipping and will not work with us for any reason.
If you became vocal, rude, rude comments, or your tone of voice/actions which makes me feel that we can’t do business together.
- For any reason, we decided to not sell you a puppy or dog your deposit or payment in full will be returned to you.
- If you put down a non-refundable deposit on a puppy already born or payment in full your money will be returned to you once the puppy has been resold. This may take weeks or months, but as soon as it is done it will be returned. If you purchased an adult, the money will be returned to you within 12 weeks from our written notice to you that we will be returning your money.
- We reserve the right to sell or refuse to sell our puppies, adult dogs, products and provide services to any person for any reason at any time, even if you put a deposit down or payment in full, with no questions asked.(NOTE: We have only done this once in 20 years!)